I'm a 36 year old librarian who loves to run, read, do yoga and hang out with my friends and family. I ran the 2008 & 2009 Boston Marathon for Team Eye & Ear to support the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary. Go Team Eye & Ear!







Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Lots to Discuss

Ok, I have a lot of catching up to do... First and foremost, a big thank you to Wayne & Sandie and Brad & Jenny for their generous donations! Wayne couldn't make it to the fundraiser because he was getting a haircut, which is a wicked lame excuse but he came through in the end with a nice donation, so I'll forgive him. Brad & Jenny attended the fundraiser, and managed to rope up some friends to come as well, so I am posting their picture in honor of their commitment to Got 2 Trot.
Don't ask Brad how he earned those beads...

On Saturday I woke up at 5:30 and dragged myself to Fit Corp for 6:45, so I could take a bus down to Framingham, MA with our running group for the big 21 mile run. We had 5 school buses full of runners (or crazy people, depending on how you look at it) and were dropped off at the Harley Davidson on Rt 135. From here it was a straight shoot down Rt. 135 through Framingham, Natick, Wellsley, & Newton. Once we reached the Woodlawn T stop, we took a right on Comm Ave and it was another 10 miles or so to go from there. The weather was really perfect- about 45 degrees and sunny. The first 10 miles through the towns went by really quickly, especially since I was unfamiliar with the route and got to enjoy the scenery. The only part of Natick I had previously seen was the area where the malls are, and it's not a pretty sight. The town center is really cute though, and it's nice to see there's more to the town than huge shopping malls and angry drivers stuck in traffic. I was feeling pretty good until about mile 18 when my calves started to get really tight. I made sure to stop and stretch them out a lot, and was able to finish without being in a lot of pain. Water stops, stretching and 1 bathroom break at a Dunkin Donuts across from BC included, I finished in 3 hours 25 minutes. After the run, Nick and I headed down to CT for our friend Bryan's 30th birthday party, which was a lot of fun. That night we stayed at my parents' house and had an excellent Easter dinner. Nick had an early morning meeting the next day in Stamford, so he took the car down there Sunday night, while my brother and I took a Greyhound back to Boston.

As you can see, he was excellent company
Yesterday I took it easy with a 30 minute bike ride at the gym to get my legs loosened up and had a long stretch at the end. I have been using the foam rollers to help massage my leg muscles, and enjoy them so much that I bought one at City Sports last night. I never buy gym equipment, but the foam roller has really proven to be effective. After I got home and Nick came back from his run, we went to Anna's Taqueria, which is a little slice of heaven on earth. Tonight's workout will be on the lighter side again, although I'm not sure what I'll do at the gym.

No comments: