I'm a 36 year old librarian who loves to run, read, do yoga and hang out with my friends and family. I ran the 2008 & 2009 Boston Marathon for Team Eye & Ear to support the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary. Go Team Eye & Ear!







Sunday, March 30, 2008

Frog in my Throat

Friday night I did a hill workout at the gym and made sure I had a really good stretch before Saturday's long run. We didn't end up watching "Death at a Funeral" that night, because by the time we ate dinner it was close to 9 and I didn't think I'd make it through the entire movie. Saturday we had sunny weather for the long run, but it was pretty cold- about 30 degrees. Normally there are 75-100 people that show up for the group runs, but yesterday there were only about 25. We had an option of a 12, 14.5 or 16 mile loop yesterday, and I ultimately decided on the 14.5, and I'm glad I did! I think my legs were still fatigued from last Saturday's 21 mile run, and they felt like they were 100 lbs each by the end of the run. The good news is that I didn't have any muscle tightness, and I finished in 2 hours and 25 minutes.
Last night I started to get a sore throat and wasn't able to sleep much last night, because it was keeping me up. Today I haven't even left the house, and have drank about 100 bottles of Poland Spring and eaten about 3 bowls of ice cubes. My throat still doesn't feel that great, but hopefully things will be better tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eating ice cubes??? Our dog loved to chomp on ice cubes...

Got 2 Trot Librarian said...

Thanks for the comparison to your family pet! It's a good way to stay hydrated & soothe the throat.