I'm a 36 year old librarian who loves to run, read, do yoga and hang out with my friends and family. I ran the 2008 & 2009 Boston Marathon for Team Eye & Ear to support the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary. Go Team Eye & Ear!







Saturday, March 8, 2008

I'll run in the rain till I'm breathless; When I'm breathless I'll run till I drop, hey*

So this morning I was able to do a FitCorp run finally! Skiing and vacation have kept me away from the weekend group runs for 3 weeks, and while I had a great time doing those things, I feel like I'm back on track after this morning's 18 mile run. Fortunately the rain held off for the first 5 miles or so, and right about when we got to the Res at BC, it started to rain. That's where the temperature always drops too. The rain continued pretty steadily until we got back to the Comm Ave side of BC (vs. the Beacon St side which begins the Newton portion of the run.) I felt really good running for the most part, and I wonder if it's because I took 3 packets of GU. My book recommends taking some every 5 miles, but this was the first time I followed that advice. Today I had 3 very good flavors (Triberry, Strawberry Banana and Chocolate Mint), which makes me think that overall GU isn't so bad, isn't just the Orange flavor that's terrible. I highly recommend Chocolate Mint- it tastes like a melted Peppermint Patty. Anyway, I unfortunately don't have an exact time because I forgot my watch this morning, but based on when I got back to the gym, I was a little under 3 hours. I had some rice and noodles for lunch, watched 2 episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm on demand and now I'm ready to take a nap. Tomorrow is a rest day!
* Led Zepplin, "Fool in the Rain"

No comments: