I'm a 36 year old librarian who loves to run, read, do yoga and hang out with my friends and family. I ran the 2008 & 2009 Boston Marathon for Team Eye & Ear to support the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary. Go Team Eye & Ear!







Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Sweet Potato Fries

Last night I planned to meet my friend/gym buddy, Leah, at the gym for a workout and dinner. I ran at a light pace for 40 minutes (6.3 mph for 20 minutes and 6.1 mph for the next 20 minutes.) Then we went to Elephant & Castle for a fun dinner. This is a great pub with excellent food- I've had several menu items here, but always go back to the veggie burger. They top their burger with a spicy tomato mixture and the patty is made from scratch. I hate it when I order a veggie burger at a restaurant and it's just a reheated Boca burger or something... The highlight of the meal though is the sweet potato fries. Delicious. The best veggie burger I've come across in Boston is at Houston's. E&C's is very good, but tastes like cardboard compared to Houston's. This is all the opinion of a non-vegetarian though, so take what I say with a grain of salt. Anyway, tonight since the roads are very icy and I'm still dressing my wounds from last Wednesday's dust biting, I'm going to do my 30 minute cross training tonight and then do my sprints on the treadmill on Wednesday.

No comments: