I'm a 36 year old librarian who loves to run, read, do yoga and hang out with my friends and family. I ran the 2008 & 2009 Boston Marathon for Team Eye & Ear to support the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary. Go Team Eye & Ear!







Monday, January 14, 2008

Rest Day

I had a headache for most of the day yesterday and wasn't able to really do too much. I think it's because I didn't drink enough water on Saturday after the run and drank a few Labatt's during the Pat's game. I have been trying to drink more water during the day, but sometimes it's hard to remember- especially if I don't feel thirsty. But like my book likes to point out: If you wait to drink water until you're thirsty, it's too late.
I did manage to go to EMS, and although they didn't sell the spandex I was looking for, I did get 2 different kinds of running gels to try instead of GU. I have high hopes for the Clif shot- their bars actually taste good. And while I do enjoy regular Power Bars (cookies and cream, especially!) I just have a feeling that the Clif will go down easier.
Tonight I'm going to do a 40 minute light run, and tomorrow I was going to do a FitCorp hill workout; however, Boston is being blanketed with snow now, so I'll probably stick to the treadmill this week.

No comments: