I'm a 36 year old librarian who loves to run, read, do yoga and hang out with my friends and family. I ran the 2008 & 2009 Boston Marathon for Team Eye & Ear to support the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary. Go Team Eye & Ear!







Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Motivated Monday

Yesterday I ran for 40 minutes, and it was the first time since the beginning of the year that I had to wait for a treadmill to free up and there was still a line when I finished my workout. Today I have 30 minutes of cross-training, which will hopefully see me on an elliptical machine and not some other gait simulator.
This morning I had a contact lens checkup at Mass Eye and Ear. I arrived half an hour early, and my doctor actually saw me when I got there, which was completely unexpected, yet appreciated. I thought I'd sit there for at least 40 minutes paging through old magazines. Also, I had to get a new ID card on my way out to update my last name, and that took all of 3 minutes. Not only is the medical care top-notch, but in my experience, the hospital is very well-run. In other words, you should donate to Team Eye and Ear!
Tonight, after my run, I am getting a deep tissue massage at Bella Sante in Boston. My neck, shoulders and back are taking a beating from the longer runs on pavement, so I decided to use the gift certificate I've been holding onto since my birthday last July. Nick gave me a gift certificate for 2 massages and the first one was heavenly, so I'm looking forward to a relaxing time tonight.

No comments: