I'm a 36 year old librarian who loves to run, read, do yoga and hang out with my friends and family. I ran the 2008 & 2009 Boston Marathon for Team Eye & Ear to support the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary. Go Team Eye & Ear!







Thursday, January 17, 2008

Quarter Mile Repeats

Surprisingly, this workout went by really quickly! The treadmill has a manual function where you can set workout goals by either time or distance. In this case, I choose time and once the total time you plan to run is plugged in, you can then set mini-goals. (See chart below.) The only snag was that you can only set up to 10 mini-goals per workout, so I broke it down to 3 24 minute larger workouts and set the goals according to where I was on on the chart. I actually felt pretty good afterwards, but next Wednesday I'm going to dedicate more time to my cool down. My breathing felt a little funny still once I got home, and Nick had to convince me I wasn't having a heart attack.
Tonight is a rest night and I'm having dinner with my friend Sharon at Bangkok Blue.

No comments: