I'm a 36 year old librarian who loves to run, read, do yoga and hang out with my friends and family. I ran the 2008 & 2009 Boston Marathon for Team Eye & Ear to support the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary. Go Team Eye & Ear!







Saturday, January 19, 2008

It Started with a Pomegranate Martini


and ended with several Bud Lights.... After dinner at Lucca, drinks at the Purple Shamrock & Black Rose and getting in around 2 am, my 6:15 wake up call didn't go so well this morning... I skipped the group run, but ran on my own around Southie for an hour and a half. I figured, last time we did the 10.5 mile run I did it in 97 minutes, so this is probably comparable distance wise. It was so cold running by the water that there were ice chunks starting to form in my fuel belt water bottles, so hopefully I don't come down with a terrible cold or anything. I missed running along the marathon route and will remember how boring today's run was next time I'm tempted to skip again. The highlight of my run was about 55 minutes in when I tried the Strawberry Clif Shot. This tasted so much better than the GU- and not just better, it actually tasted good. Good as in, if you put it on top of some vanilla ice cream you wouldn't have known you were eating an energy shot. Tomorrow is a rest day!

No comments: