I'm a 36 year old librarian who loves to run, read, do yoga and hang out with my friends and family. I ran the 2008 & 2009 Boston Marathon for Team Eye & Ear to support the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary. Go Team Eye & Ear!







Monday, January 21, 2008

Superbowl Bound!


Many thanks to Cullen and Nell for their generous donations!!


Yesterday was a rest day, and earlier in the afternoon we went to Bob & Gina's house to watch the Patriots beat the Chargers. My friend Vince is a San Diego fan, so it was fun to have some rivalry in the room. Then I took off around halftime to go to my book club meeting, and I got to watch the last quarter of the game at my friend Jen's house. Since this month's pick was "One Hundred Years of Solitude" Jen made black beans, rice and burritos with mojo sauce. Ole! They were awesome. I linked to the recipe because the mojo sauce was especially good- not too spicy, but very flavorful. Earlier in the day I made 2 football cakes and brought one to each event, which I like to think brought the Patriots good luck! I'm hosting book club next month and am leaning towards choosing, "Tom Cruise: An Unauthorized Biography" because I can't get enough of his Cruisaziness.


Today I'll go to the gym for a 40 minute run and then meet up with some friends to see 27 Dresses, for which I have very low expectations.

No comments: