I'm a 36 year old librarian who loves to run, read, do yoga and hang out with my friends and family. I ran the 2008 & 2009 Boston Marathon for Team Eye & Ear to support the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary. Go Team Eye & Ear!







Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Boloco Police

I go to the Boloco on Congress Street at least once a week. Besides the actual food, one of the reasons I like going there is the staff. They're just extremely friendly and efficient, which makes them stand out from other places that may be just as quick, but definitely not as welcoming. I've been going to Boloco since 1997; this is when it was known as The Wrap. My roommates and I would go to the Cleveland Circle store when we wanted to escape BC's dining halls. In the 11 years I've been buying their wraps, they haven't once messed up an order. I ask for hot sauce on my burritos and no celery on my buffalo chicken wraps, and my order always arrives as expected. Perhaps this is why I get such a kick out of the customers that insist on following their wraps along the assembly line. People who refuse to move down towards the order pickup location because they need to watch their order being made. People with furrowed brows standing on their tip toes and holding their breath waiting for an errant ingredient to be added to their wrap. This constant scrutiny would really annoy me if I was behind the counter. To their credit, I've never once seen a worker give one of these peeping toms the evil eye, which is why I try and do it for them.

2 comments:

Bill said...

You're not the only one who has come to appreciate their ability to get any strange order correct the first time.

On the rare occasions I go to a regular fast-food place, I'm stunned that they can't understand "Plain burger. No cheese. Just meat and bread" doesn't mean "Hey, put mustard and cheddar/American "cheese" on that thing! Oh! 30 gal of mayo, too!"

We all make mistakes, but I keep running into the same ones, over and over and over again.

Anonymous said...

I usually just go tot he end, but they do occasionally screw up... which is to be expected since you get your food in under 4 min!

Not a big deal, just got the wrong burrito. The only thing I can't stand is the sour cream, not a fan. I know, I'm weird.