I'm a 36 year old librarian who loves to run, read, do yoga and hang out with my friends and family. I ran the 2008 & 2009 Boston Marathon for Team Eye & Ear to support the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary. Go Team Eye & Ear!







Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Bad Day to Dress Like a Librarian

When I walked out my door this morning, the sun immediately warmed my shoulders and legs. "Ah, another nice day," I thought as I strolled down Broadway. As soon as I had walked about a block to the bus stop, a bus arrived and I hopped on thinking what good luck I was having this morning. The bus wasn't overly crowded and we didn't get stuck at too many red lights. Having made it to Broadway in record time, the train pulled into the station just as I had stepped onto the platform. "Today's going to be a great day," I thought. The stars are perfectly aligned.

I got off at Downtown Crossing and was simultaneously fishing around in my bag for my Dunkin Donuts card while walking down Arch Street, when a gust of wind blew my skirt completely up over my head. Even more unfortunate than showing dozens of commuters my underwear, was the fact that I was wearing my librarian themed underwear that I received as a gag for my bachelorette party that has the following printed on the read end:


In the end, I have to say the public humiliation (and free public service announcement) was a small price to pay for a 10 minute morning commute. Today's outlook has been only been slightly downgraded from "great" to "good."

1 comment:

Suldog said...

Damn! I have to start hanging around Arch Street more often on windy days...