I'm a 36 year old librarian who loves to run, read, do yoga and hang out with my friends and family. I ran the 2008 & 2009 Boston Marathon for Team Eye & Ear to support the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary. Go Team Eye & Ear!







Monday, May 5, 2008

Adventures at the Lush Lounge

Despite leaving 20 minutes late, the Bolt Bus managed to get us to NYC at exactly 3:30, which was the scheduled arrival time. I didn't pack a lunch with me, since their web site states: On a longer trip (over three hours) we will typically make a quick comfort stop. This stop will be at a location with vending machines and public bathrooms. The driver was on a mission to get us to NY on time though, so we didn't end up stopping. I was sitting in the front seat, and noticed he had an interesting habit of talking to other cars on the road and critiquing their driving. All in all it was a comfortable ride, and in the future, I'll definitely use Bolt Bus over the Fung Wah and the standard Greyhound and Peter Pan buses.

We had a great time at Kim's bachelorette party, which started off with dinner at the Cowgirl Hall of Fame and ended with karaoke at the Lush Lounge. I love singing karaoke, despite the fact that I am potentially the world's worst singer. On time in high school, some friends and I were flipping through our friend Kristina's piano song book and playing name that tune. I was actually singing the line, "I heard it through the grapevine. Not much longer would you be mine," and no one could Name that Tune. My friend Lauren thoughtfully said, "It sounds familiar...." but was stumped in the end. Having a terrible singing voice has never prevented me from belting out a few tunes though, and I kicked off our karaoke evening with .38 Special's, "Caught Up in You."
I was so terrible, I made myself grimace

We had all the usual bachelorette accouterments, including a bun pincher. The bun pincher was an immediate hit, and several people asked to borrow the pincher to try out on their unsuspecting friends.


This man's buns were housed in a previously unheard of brand of boxers: Saddles

All in all, we had a great time and Kim, our bachelorette, managed to end the evening without having done anything to put her future marriage in jeopardy. Well done!

No comments: