I'm a 36 year old librarian who loves to run, read, do yoga and hang out with my friends and family. I ran the 2008 & 2009 Boston Marathon for Team Eye & Ear to support the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary. Go Team Eye & Ear!







Monday, April 14, 2008

Need an alternative to the Chinatown buses from Boston to NYC?

It's kind of scary to think that this time next week I should be a bit more than halfway through the marathon. I went for a 4 mile run yesterday around Castle Island, and plan to have a few light workouts this week to keep me limber.
On Saturday, I woke up bright and early to take a trip to NYC for my friend Kim's bridal shower. Since the shower was in Astoria, I decided to take the LimoLiner bus that drops you off at the Hilton on the Avenue of the Americas, instead of the buses that bring you to Port Authority. The LimoLiner is about the same price as taking the train, but it's a lot more comfortable than taking the Greyhound, Peter Pan, or god forbid, the Fung Wah.

Taking a short cut?
The LimoLiner was $160 same day R/T (it's a bit more for traveling on different days) and offers roomy seats, clean bathrooms and free wifi. There's also an on-board attendant, who repeatedly offered us drinks and snacks during the trip. The buses were very clean, prompt and comfortable. My only complaint is that the movie entertainment was a little baffling. On the way down, we watched "Bicentennial Man." The only other time I had seen this movie was several years ago on a Greyhound... On the way home we were shown "License to Wed" which led me to speculate that the LimoLiner cut corners on their movie budget by taking advantage of a 2 for1 crappy Robin Williams movie deal at Target.
Tonight I am going to the gym for a bike ride and a stretch.

No comments: