I'm a 36 year old librarian who loves to run, read, do yoga and hang out with my friends and family. I ran the 2008 & 2009 Boston Marathon for Team Eye & Ear to support the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary. Go Team Eye & Ear!







Wednesday, April 2, 2008

"Color Me Beautiful"

I was trying to think of a title for today's post, and the title of this book my mom had when I was younger came to mind. Surprisingly the book is still available on Amazon and it's described as: Using simple guidelines, professional color consultant Carole Jackson helps you choose the thirty shades that make you look smashing! When you think about it, 30 colors is a lot of color to incorporate into your daily look, but then again, this book was published in 1987 and it was more acceptable to wear 30 colors at once then.
I went to the gym last night and used the elliptical machine for 30 minutes set to a hill workout and had another good stretch afterwards. After the gym, Nick picked me up at Broadway T and we went to the Home Depot to choose paint colors. We're having our bedrooms and bathrooms painted this weekend and settled on the following: Crested Butte for the office, Horsehair Brown for my bathroom, Cowgirl Blue for Nick's bathroom (which, based on the name, I'm surprised Nick agreed to) and Blue Mesa for our bedroom. Aside from "Horsehair Brown" the names don't really shed any light as to what the colors really look like, but you can look them up here to see for yourself. Hopefully Professional Color Consultant Carole Jackson would approve!

No comments: