I'm a 36 year old librarian who loves to run, read, do yoga and hang out with my friends and family. I ran the 2008 & 2009 Boston Marathon for Team Eye & Ear to support the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary. Go Team Eye & Ear!







Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Free Daily Smackdown! Metro VS Boston NOW: Live at Broadway T

For awhile there was someone handing out a free Metro at the Broadway T stop and then he disappeared. More recently, there has been a Boston NOW guy there and he's established himself by constantly repeating, "Free newspaper! Read all about it! Baaaaston NOW! Baaaaaston NOW!" Over and over again... Maybe last week I noticed that a Metro rep was back, and I wondered how these two were going to peacefully coexist at the top of the Broadway escalator.
The Boston NOW guy still chants his morning mantra, but the Metro rep is a this tenacious short lady who stands directly in front of the guy and just thrusts free dailies in every direction hoping to get to you before the Boston NOW dude does. It must be frustrating for both parties to have to compete with each other in such small quarters like that and I'm curious to see who the first to go will be.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds ripe for a cage match...

Nick P. said...

I put my money on the short lady. The Boston Now guy isn't allowed to hit back. If it doesn't end up in a fight, perhaps it will be a romance instead. Can you imagine that? Their union could be coined "Metro Now" or "Bostro" or "Tall & Small" or, well, you get the point.

Got 2 Trot Librarian said...

now that would be great!