I'm a 36 year old librarian who loves to run, read, do yoga and hang out with my friends and family. I ran the 2008 & 2009 Boston Marathon for Team Eye & Ear to support the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary. Go Team Eye & Ear!







Thursday, February 21, 2008

Early Bird

First of all, a HUGE thank you to the Dugdale family for their generous donation! I'm now past the halfway mark to my fundraising goal, which is amazing! As of this morning, total donations to the Firstgiving page are $1835!

Last night, I ran 4 miles at a 8:40 pace to kick-off my stamina training phase. The idea is to build up milage at a quicker pace than I'll run the marathon at, thus building up my (you guessed it) stamina. Ideally, I'd like to run 9:05 minute miles, but I'm trying not to get set on a time goal. After the run, I met some friends for Frank Sinatra night at Red Sky, only to find out that poor "Frank" had an allergic reaction earlier in the day and was in the hospital. The bar played one of his CD's, but it just wasn't the same. Tonight I'm meeting up with some friends to celebrate Jen's 30th birthday! We're going to Mare, which looks pretty good.

Since dinner is right after work tonight, I woke up early and made it to the gym before work for my cross-training. The gym's actually pretty crowded at 6:30, but not like after work. It was nice not having to fight for my Cybex and the showers and dressing rooms are in great shape, so I don't feel like I'm in a college dorm bathroom (although I do wear flip-flops in the shower.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The REAL Frank Sinatra was allergic only to one thing...marriage.