I'm a 36 year old librarian who loves to run, read, do yoga and hang out with my friends and family. I ran the 2008 & 2009 Boston Marathon for Team Eye & Ear to support the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary. Go Team Eye & Ear!







Thursday, February 7, 2008

Chacarero: Accept No Substitutions!

I went to Au Bon Pain to grab lunch just now and was greeted by a woman offering me a sample of their new sandwich. Never one to refuse a sandwich in any shape or form, I helped myself and was horrified to discover it's their new Chilean Chicken Sandwich. It's a complete rip-off of the popular Chacarero sandwich in Boston. In fact (much to my embarrassment) I audibly gasped, "It's the Chacarero!" I sincerely hope Au Bon Pain's new sandwich does not take away from Chacarero's local business. While the sample tasted pretty good, it was no substitution for the original.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's not authentic unless it involves waiting in an obnoxious line in Downtown Crossing...