I'm a 36 year old librarian who loves to run, read, do yoga and hang out with my friends and family. I ran the 2008 & 2009 Boston Marathon for Team Eye & Ear to support the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary. Go Team Eye & Ear!







Friday, February 8, 2008

Classing it up

My kind of museum
Once in awhile I like to class it up a bit- dive bars, pizza joints and bowling alleys are great fun, but sometimes I'm looking for something a bit more intellectual. That's when I visit a museum or gallery and (pretend) I understand (or enjoy) art. I know it sounds terrible and unsophisticated, but within half an hour of going to a museum of (art, history, science, etc. but excluding sports halls of fame) my skin starts to crawl, my eyelids droop and my stomach growls. I just don't like visiting these types of places- I spend most of my time wondering about how the art is cataloged and not about the art itself. UNLESS I can see the entire collection within my half hour time frame. In recent memory, one such place is the JFK Presidential Library & Museum. I was in and out within 30-40 minutes and can honestly say that I had a good time and learned a few things. I have a feeling tonight will be another successful attempt. Some friends and I are going to a photography exhibit tonight at the Brookline Arts Center, and I'm actually looking forward to it!

Tomorrow is an 18 mile run with the FitCorp crowd that will potentially leave me on the couch for the rest of the weekend (although Nick is making a strong case for a ski trip Sunday.) Hopefully the rain/snow doesn't start until Saturday afternoon (and hopefully I'm finished by then!!)


No comments: