I'm a 36 year old librarian who loves to run, read, do yoga and hang out with my friends and family. I ran the 2008 & 2009 Boston Marathon for Team Eye & Ear to support the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary. Go Team Eye & Ear!







Friday, January 9, 2009

The Stars At Night Are Big And Bright, Deep in the Heart of Fenway!

According to an article in the Wall Street Journal this morning, Fenway Sports Group now has a marketing deal with the PBR. No, not Pabst Blue Ribbon (although that would be pretty awesome.) In this case, PBR is Professional Bull Riders. I remember seeing one of the Nascar cars on the field at Fenway, will they bring a bull onto the field too?! That would be pretty ridiculous.

My favorite quote from the article is in regards to talking about PBR's mass appeal:

"Mr. Luker [creator of ESPN Sports Poll] says PBR ranks ahead of only arena football, beach volleyball and women's golf in the ESPN poll and its numbers have declined during the past three years. "

I can tell you right now, that of those 4 sports, PBR would be dead last in terms of what I'd watch on television.

No comments: