I'm a 36 year old librarian who loves to run, read, do yoga and hang out with my friends and family. I ran the 2008 & 2009 Boston Marathon for Team Eye & Ear to support the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary. Go Team Eye & Ear!







Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Party time, Excellent, Woo Woo Woo Woo

On Saturday, I joined the FitCorp crew and ran 14.7 miles. The course starts and ends at One Beacon, and is an enjoyable loop down Beacon St, around BC, down Centre St in Newton and back down Beacon to finish. Thankfully, my water bottles didn't freeze this time and it wasn't too cold outside (although the temperature always drops considerably once you hit the reservoir at BC.) I ran the course in 2.5 hours and felt great, except for some sore knees. We were skiing at Okemo on Sunday and they felt pretty good though, and I didn't run yesterday. Today I'll go to yoga and then Wednesday's workout is the quarter mile repeats. Now that I'm pushing 30, I need to be more mindful of my body's limitations.

I'd like to thank the Babiak's and Carolyn for their generous donations to Team Eye and Ear! Want to see your name in print? Donate here and your wish will be granted! ;-)

Tonight, I'm going to Mass Eye and Ear for our team party! Fred Treseler is going to be this year's speaker, so it will be very interesting to hear from an athlete who's also a sports marketer.

No comments: