I'm a 36 year old librarian who loves to run, read, do yoga and hang out with my friends and family. I ran the 2008 & 2009 Boston Marathon for Team Eye & Ear to support the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary. Go Team Eye & Ear!







Friday, January 2, 2009

If it Had Been #2, I Probably Would Have Flushed It

I just went to use the bathroom before leaving the office. Having gone through about 6 mugs of tea today to try and beat a cold, I figured a pre-commute pee was in my best interests. As I sat down on the toilet, I thought I heard something fall on the floor. Looking on either side of me I didn't see anything; however, after peeing, I turned around to flush the toilet and there floating at the very bottom of the bowl was my Charlie Card. It had fallen out of my jeans' back pocket when I pulled down my pants. I looked at the card ebbing to and fro in yellow water and realized that I was going to have to decide which course of action would be worse: sticking my hand in a dirty toilet bowl or commuting for the next few days without a T pass until our HR could issue me a new one. In the end, I decided paying out of pocket for the bus would be worse, so I plunged my hand into the nasty bowl and had to go elbow deep before I was able to grab the card. On the bright side, I now have the cleanest right forearm and Charlie Card in Boston, as I scrubbed them both raw.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

1 comment:

La Belle Esplanade said...

You made the right decision.