I'm a 36 year old librarian who loves to run, read, do yoga and hang out with my friends and family. I ran the 2008 & 2009 Boston Marathon for Team Eye & Ear to support the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary. Go Team Eye & Ear!







Monday, January 5, 2009

Fundraising and Training Update- I'm Off and Running!

I'd like to thank my friend (who anonymously signed the guestbook, so I'll keep her anonymous) for her generous donation to Team Eye & Ear!
According to my Firstgiving widget, I am 3% to my $6,000 goal. I run with Team Eye & Ear not only to fulfill my personal goal of being a marathon runner, but more importantly, to raise money for a world class medical institution that's right here in Boston.

Please visit my fundraising site, http://firstgiving.com/got2trotlibrarian, to read about my personal experiences with Mass Eye & Ear Infirmary and also to make a donation. The $10 donations are just as important as the $100 donations, and a donation in any amount would be awesome!

Tonight kicks off my official 2009 Boston Marathon training. Once again, I am following the plan set forth in Dave Kuehls', "Four Months to a Four-hour Marathon." (Although, based on last year's time, it seems I read, Four Months to a Five-hour Marathon.) :)
Mondays call for a 40 minute jog, which is fine with me. I need to tweak the plan a bit to accommodate the yoga and kickboxing classes my gym offers, because I would hate to give them up for 4 months. Conditioning will also include the Saturday FitCorp distance runs, which are my favorite part of training (even if this means running in 20 degree weather through snowy streets.) Honestly, the worst part about training during the winter is fighting the New Years Resolution crowds at the gym for treadmills and locker room space.
In any event, I'm off and running (pun intended!) with my training!

No comments: