I'm a 36 year old librarian who loves to run, read, do yoga and hang out with my friends and family. I ran the 2008 & 2009 Boston Marathon for Team Eye & Ear to support the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary. Go Team Eye & Ear!







Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I'm In the Money!

I wanted to thank my mom and dad for their generous donation to Team Eye and Ear! I'm 7% to my goal; slow and steady wins the race. Don't forget to donate!

Training has been going well! Wednesdays are my quarter mile repeat days, where I'll run 2 minutes at 8 mph and cool down with 2 minutes at 4 mph (0 incline.) The idea behind these workouts is to build stamina. The first week was 6 repeats, then 8, and today I'm scheduled for 10. Two weeks ago I had my first long run at 13 miles in 2:06; it was so cold my water bottles froze! This past weekend I was skiing, which is a good leg workout. On Saturday, we're scheduled for a 14.5-16 mile run.

One thing that I've been doing for my cross-training is yoga. I'm completely addicted to the classes and I feel a lot stronger during my runs. I'm so thankful the classes are included in my gym membership!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so envious of your motivation to run. UGH!! I miss my running days. Keep up the good work. Sounds like your ready to do that marathon now.