I'm a 36 year old librarian who loves to run, read, do yoga and hang out with my friends and family. I ran the 2008 & 2009 Boston Marathon for Team Eye & Ear to support the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary. Go Team Eye & Ear!







Thursday, July 31, 2008

Smoke If You Got 'Em

"No smoking, please." I think I've heard the T's robotic voice utter this about three times a day for 10 years. Obviously smoking is not allowed on the trains or platforms, but I frequently see people lighting up in the morning while waiting for the train at Broadway. This morning there was a kid, couldn't have been more than 12 or 13, that decided to light up for a morning cig. He gave those watching him a long, cold stare as if daring us to say something. About 30 seconds later, a T worker started towards him and our tough young smoker dropped the attitude and the butt and took off scared to the other end of the station. The rest of us got a good laugh out of that, and I was still smiling about it when I got off the train at Downtown Crossing. As I was walking to my exit, a cockroach scuttled by feet, which sent me running to another set of stairs. Just when you're feeling all tough and smug, there's usually someone (or thing) to put you back in your place.

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments: