I'm a 36 year old librarian who loves to run, read, do yoga and hang out with my friends and family. I ran the 2008 & 2009 Boston Marathon for Team Eye & Ear to support the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary. Go Team Eye & Ear!







Thursday, March 5, 2009

My Boston Limerick

As part of a contest on Boston.com, I wrote a limerick today. Readers were asked to submit one that sums up Boston. I wasn't sure if there were syllable requirements to take into consideration in addition to the a-a-b-b-a rhyming scheme. I also wasn't sure if a limerick should start out with, "There once was a..." Oh well, I had fun writing it! I wrote mine about the morning commute, because that sums up Boston to me. Or at least that's something I spend a lot of time thinking about.

Shivering outside, cold freezes my feet
I see the bus! Maybe I'll get a seat?
Ugh, line's out the door at Dunkies
Iced coffee, skim, no sugar, please
Melt snow! (So I can whine about the heat.)

And, as my family in Buffalo would say, "There ya go!"

4 comments:

Suldog said...

I once took a trip to South Boston,
It was snowing some snow I got lost in,
Instead of 7th and G,
I was at Broadway and E,
It's all good; I read a book about defrostin'

Got 2 Trot Librarian said...

You should submit that one!

Anonymous said...

You should post details on the fundraising event...

Suldog said...

Well, you have to know there's a library on Broadway near E, so it's sort of an "inside" limerick. Thanks, though.