I'm a 36 year old librarian who loves to run, read, do yoga and hang out with my friends and family. I ran the 2008 & 2009 Boston Marathon for Team Eye & Ear to support the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary. Go Team Eye & Ear!







Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Don't Leave the House Today

This morning at work I was minding my own business when my glasses fell apart. Apparently a screw was loose (insert your own joke here) and like fingers slipping through someone else's rescue grip, it just couldn't hold on any longer. I've worn glasses since I was three years old, (I still have my first pair- they have an Annie sticker on them) and this is the first time I've had a problem with a screw. Although, once during recess when I was in 6th grade, a stray kickball careened into my head and knocked my red Sally Jesse Raphael glasses to the pavement and they (mercifully) shattered.
I used to rock these frames back in the day

Thankfully, I had my contacts with me since I wear them during yoga, and I have my class tonight. I popped those in and then unwrapped my Dunkin Donuts breakfast sandwich to see that instead of egg and cheese on an English muffin, it was some omelet type thingy with sausage on a croissant. My glasses falling apart and receiving an incorrect breakfast order are obviously just small annoyances; at least my bike hasn't been stolen (yet.)

No comments: