I'm a 36 year old librarian who loves to run, read, do yoga and hang out with my friends and family. I ran the 2008 & 2009 Boston Marathon for Team Eye & Ear to support the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary. Go Team Eye & Ear!







Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Game 3 Fashion Victim: The Towel Guy

I love NCAA basketball, but I can't muster that much excitement for the NBA. This past season, I have been keeping an eye on the Celtics though, mostly because I followed Ray Allen when he was playing at UConn.

After the Sox blew it last night, I flipped over to the Celts and settled in to watch Game 3. I couldn't take my eyes off the towel guy's outfit. This is the guy who seemed to be collecting discarded towels from the floor and handing clean ones to the players as they were subbed out of the game. He was wearing a purple headband, which isn't that strange considering he was a part of the Lakers' organization. His pants were black, and again, there's not much more to say about that. What was so interesting about his outfit, was the fact that his black long-sleeved shirt fell almost to his knees. If you threw a belt around the guy's waist, he'd essentially be wearing a t-shirt dress. What prompted him to wear such a long shirt? He needed to be able to move around quickly to distribute towels and stay out of the players' way, so it definitely wasn't functional. As for fashionable, well, I certainly don't even come close to being "in the know" when it comes to the newest styles, but IMHO this guy looked fairly ridiculous in the long shirt.

Hey! Give me back my shirt!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good blog today. What does IMHO mean?

Got 2 Trot Librarian said...

IMHO = "In my humble opinion"