I'm a 36 year old librarian who loves to run, read, do yoga and hang out with my friends and family. I ran the 2008 & 2009 Boston Marathon for Team Eye & Ear to support the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary. Go Team Eye & Ear!







Monday, April 13, 2009

My Television Debut! (Not Counting the Time I was on the Jumbotron at Conte Forum)

Last Wednesday, fellow Team Eye & Ear member Dr. Dean Cestari (check out his inspirational fundraising page for HONORS here) and I met with WBZ-TV's reporter, Peg Rusconi to discuss running and caffeine. Peg and her cameraman were very nice and asked us a bunch of questions related to whether or not we drink coffee (or other caffeinated beverages) while training. I had never been interviewed for television before, and was definitely not used to being filmed.


Peg & I smiling despite the fact that it was about 30 degrees outside!

Peg wanted to get some shots of us drinking coffee, and it was hard for me to keep a straight face while sipping from the cup and sort of staring into the distance while the cameraman was about 1 foot to my left. He had to gently remind me a couple of times to "just look straight ahead" because I kept glancing at him out of the corner of my eye while drinking...

You can view the video here: http://wbztv.com/video/?id=75212@wbz.dayport.com

Go Team Eye & Ear!

No comments: