I'm a 36 year old librarian who loves to run, read, do yoga and hang out with my friends and family. I ran the 2008 & 2009 Boston Marathon for Team Eye & Ear to support the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary. Go Team Eye & Ear!







Friday, April 24, 2009

Boston Marathon Photos: Athletes' Village

A little over a year ago, I posted how many runners had to hop off the Boston Marathon buses to pee on the side of the highway. During this year's marathon, I finally got around to using all of the film on the disposable camera I had with me last year. As promised, here's a photo of the scene:

Not sure if this photo was worth the wait...

Here are some other photos of the pre and post marathon scenes, or lines, rather. Most of the day is spent thinking about getting to and from various lines.

Here I am in line for one of the many school buses that will take us to Hopkinton.

The buses drop everyone off at the Atheletes' Village

Runners hanging out before the race (2008)

I took this shot while waiting in line to use a porta potty. It was a LONG wait.

Post race, waiting for my mom to meet Nick & I at Family Meeting Area "P". I was happy to lean on the hydrant for support!

Posing for the disposable camera's last picture: My new friend, the fire hydrant, me, and Nick

No comments: