- A lovely ferry takes takes you through the Harbor to the Island. Prior to running the race in 2006, my only harbor ride had been for a booze cruise fundraiser for someone's ski house. The boat was like a floating VFW; complete with tin foil trays of popcorn and pretzels. If memory serves me correctly, we were so hard up for entertainment that my friends & I paid someone $5 to eat a flaccid pickle that was leftover from the sandwich platter. (But that's another blog entry.)
- The ferry departs at 3:30, which means I departed work at 3.
- The race course goes through "204 acres of rolling hills, forests, meadows, salt marshes and beaches along the trails of Thompson Island. " (from ThompsonIsland.org)
- There's a 1.5 hour post-race BBQ on the island
- The race is sponsored by Harpoon, which flows freely during the post-race BBQ
Keith & Brad signed up for the beer, the race was just a detail
Trying to keep up with the boys