I'm a 36 year old librarian who loves to run, read, do yoga and hang out with my friends and family. I ran the 2008 & 2009 Boston Marathon for Team Eye & Ear to support the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary. Go Team Eye & Ear!







Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Looking Back on 2008: My Version of the Holiday Letter

It's the little things in life that make it interesting. Instead of detailing the wonderful, life-changing events that occurred during the year (you'll get plenty of that in your 3rd cousin's "A Great 2008 with the Smith's" holiday letter), here are some of my smaller, yet memorable 2008 moments:
  • Taught my mom how to text. Her first attempts read like the original Beowulf manuscript (thanks to T9); however, now she's a pro.
  • Tried durian.
  • Joined Netflix, which admittedly isn't much of a milestone; however, that did force me to learn how to use the Playstation 3 (which I never touch, unless it's to dust) to watch a blu ray disc.
  • Used the expression "oh, snap!" correctly.
  • Getting flashed by a pedestrian on West Broadway.
  • Flashing a pedestrian on Arch St.
  • Thankfully, never once going to the Natick Collection

What a great year!

4 comments:

Danielle Dreger said...

And you ran Boston!

Nick P. said...

She also got married, but who's counting anyway.

Got 2 Trot Librarian said...

Married in 2008? To whom?

Anonymous said...

You got married in 2007, not 2008!