I'm a 36 year old librarian who loves to run, read, do yoga and hang out with my friends and family. I ran the 2008 & 2009 Boston Marathon for Team Eye & Ear to support the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary. Go Team Eye & Ear!







Friday, June 3, 2011

Ladies and Gentlemen, Welcome to the Main Event! Are you ready to Arrrrchiiiiiive?

My 8 year old self who was a dedicated G.L.O.W. and WWF fan would have loved this job.  The WWE (f/k/a WWF) is currently seeking an Archivist.  The first qualification for this job is an "extensive past and present knowledge of WWE and related entities."  This seemingly large pool of qualified candidates is most likely greatly reduced by the second qualification: "thorough knowledge of records management and archival management principles and methodologies."

So they're looking for someone who remembers the Bushwackers (who licked my brother's shaved head at a WWF event at the Hartford Civic Center!), mourned Macho Man Randy Savage's recent death with one last, "Ohhhhhh yeahhhhh" but also someone who is a trained archivist. 

I hope they find the little girl or boy (now grown) who carefully photographed and catalogued their wrestling action figures and signed event programs!

My favorite: George the Animal Steele & his green tongue!

No comments: