I'm a 36 year old librarian who loves to run, read, do yoga and hang out with my friends and family. I ran the 2008 & 2009 Boston Marathon for Team Eye & Ear to support the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary. Go Team Eye & Ear!







Friday, June 26, 2009

Memphis is the team Thabeet

Well, not really because they're terrible, but congrats are in order for the #2 NBA Draft Pick, Hasheem Thabeet!

Thabeet's not that tall- he's just in 24" heels...

Hasheem Thabeet joins former UConn player Rudy Gay in Memphis.

There's a great photo gallery posted on Courant.com that showcases former UConn draft picks. I was happy to a rare photo of my all-time favorite player, Doron Sheffer.

I even named my first car Doron, and I drove it into the ground. Nick finally convinced me to get a new car while we were dating, and in retrospect it was the smart thing to do. Doron was dented & scratched, had 1 hubcap, the side paneling was missing from 1 side, a spring had burst through the driver's seat and poked me in the rear end while I drove (I defended that by saying it kept me alert), and the A/C couldn't be used if there was a passenger in the front seat because it leaked all over the floor... Oh, somehow the dashboard lighting died and rather than pay $300 for the fix, I drove around guesstimating my nighttime speed for 3 years...

Nick told me that in auditor-speak Doron was a material weakness; however, I loved that car and still miss it.

Doron on the day I left him in the Ford lot...

I ended up leasing a Ford Focus for 2 years after this, and Ford paid a whooping $300 for the trade-in.

1 comment:

Suldog said...

It's very tough to junk an old friend...