I'm a 36 year old librarian who loves to run, read, do yoga and hang out with my friends and family. I ran the 2008 & 2009 Boston Marathon for Team Eye & Ear to support the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary. Go Team Eye & Ear!







Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Year old cake better than expected!

Despite the fact that our cake was a year old, it tasted pretty fresh. It was still nice and moist; in fact, the only indication that it was celebrating a birthday while we were celebrating an anniversary was that the foundant was looking a little worse for the wear. I think the key factor in keeping the top layer so fresh was that my mom wrapped it in about 6 layers of tin foil, which was then wrapped in a final layer of Saran wrap. Go Mom!
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

4 comments:

Sunshine said...

Congratulations to a fellow match couple and kudos to you for resisting the cake for a year. Ours didn't even make the two month mark. I wonder what that means...

Anonymous said...

I still have the bottle of coke from when BC won the national title in 2001 - so far, I've resisted the urge to partake...

Christina R. said...

Congrats from a fellow librarian in Los Angeles. Me and the hubby dug into our anniversary cake on Oct 20th, which had slight freezer burn on the outside but was perfectly fine on the inside.

Got 2 Trot Librarian said...

Thanks, Christina!